Sunday, March 6, 2011

Smoked Salmon Frittata


When you have a lot of chickens, you have a lot of eggs. When you live in the middle of nowhere, with no neighbors to whom to sell/give/unload your eggs, you have A LOT of eggs. Therein lies my motivation. Besides calling for a dozen eggs (woohoo!), the recipe just sounds good and I happened to have every single ingredient~bonus!

This comes from Ina's Barefoot Contessa Family Style. I love Ina, and I love this cookbook.

I made this back in December, and it was delicious. We'll have it again very soon. Although we had it for dinner, the frittata would be excellent for brunch or any time of day!


Smoked Salmon Frittata
Serves 8

1 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
12 extra-large eggs (I threw in an extra egg for good measure)
1 cup heavy cream
4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 pound smoked salmon, chopped
3 scallions, chopped, white and green parts
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (I used 3 teaspoons dried dill)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Sauté the onion and butter in a 10-inch oven-proof omelet pan over medium-low heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the heavy cream, goat cheese, smoked salmon, scallions, dill, salt, and pepper and combine. Pour the mixture over the onions and place the pan in the center of the oven. Bake the frittata for about 50 minutes, until it puffs and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve hot directly from the pan.

3 comments:

Big Dude said...

This is definitely my kind of meal - I love everything in it.

Harika baratam said...

Looks amazing perfect meal of course......

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hubby was just asking for Salmon! Now I know how to prepare it. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin